Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Fourteen. Get clear! 24 hours til Dress Rehearsal.

I think I've just realised what it is I'm trying to explore.
It's the connection between loss and renewal.
And how you get from one to the other.
You get there with one or more of the following:
Pain. Ceremony. A trial. A sacrifice. Patience. An exorcism. A journey. A big black pit.
And probably more.
And also the duality of these two things. The old "as one door opens..." etc etc.
A dichotomy.  A parallel.
Like they are two halves of a whole. You cannot have the second without the first. And you probably can't have the first without some form of the second.
If you want something, you're going to have to work for it. Well, that is certainly something I believe in.
These are my musings.
 
 THIS is what I should have started with.  Well, at least I got there in the end. Now to clarify it in the actual work.




No comments:

Post a Comment