Saturday, January 14, 2012

End of Day Nine. I made something I don't hate. Yet.



After another agonising day in the pit of despair, I almost started to get somewhere tonight. 

I cleared out my space of all junk. And I discovered that I quite like it as it is. I'm not going to try and make it all shiny and new. I don't think I need to.

I found that the things I can allude to are the following:

  • Viola's question - is my brother alive?
  • Memories, history, families - the disparity between what we remember and what was real.
  • The twins.
  •  Patience and ?hope. Who waits for you to come home? Who does not give up on you?
  •  Despair and loss - quiet and secret.
  •  Drowning - is this peaceful?
  •  Destruction.

So I feel like I'm on to something. Something I can actually make this time. But we'll see. Every other time things have turned to custard.

But I finally feel like I have something to base my making on:
  • Sound can create movement
  • Light can create action
  • Props can tell the story/evoke emotion.

And some more research:


A whole book on optical illusions! Wow!

I also learnt how to make crazy fire experiments in my own home, some even in my own microwave. The wonders of Youtube.

Stencils

No comments:

Post a Comment