Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shipwrecked

So - Theo, my designer, emailed me yesterday (the day before we were due to start working on this in earnest) to say he can't do it any more.

So now I have no designer and no technician and it is January 5th and everyone else is on holiday.

I have two weeks to complete this project before Twelfth Night takes over my life.

Action #1 - Freak out.
Action #2 - Call Brett. This was a helpful action. He confirmed what my instincts were telling me: rather than get an extension and do it after Twelfth Night, I will try to continue the momentum I have and just reduce the scale of the project physically so it is something I can do by myself. I can still get assistance from my Christchurch people that are available and reliable and whom I had great discussions with over the Christmas break. Namely designer Julian Southgate, and for music and sound, Scott Koorey.

And I have to totally rethink what I am going to do. I can't physically create the experience in the room by myself, so I will have to try a different tack.

No comments:

Post a Comment