Friday, January 6, 2012

End of Day 2 of Serious Making

Not such a productive day today. I got bogged down collecting resources.
I did have a useful conversation with my friend and circus performer Kim Potter who has given me the contact details of someone who is a fire performance expert. They might have some useful info for me.

And my actor friend Lucy is going to come and help me make tomorrow. She has made claymation short films so might have some interesting ideas. And she's someone I can throw around my ideas with too.

The problem I currently have is that I've thought of lots of cool stuff for particular scenes but I don't know how to turn any of them in to action, or how to transition from one scene to the next.

Some ideas were lighting a 'wick' which goes up and illuminates a series of little boxes, which each have a scene in them. the wick could also be connected to other things which light up or burn etc in each box.

I also thought of having a boat on wheels which is pulled along by a string and goes past a series of little scenes which tell the story of the shipwreck.

I can create the little scenes. I just don't know how to get from one to the next. If there is only me managing it all, how will I create scene changes and operate puppets?

Maybe it is just one scene.

A puppet with a flame on its head?


No comments:

Post a Comment